I am the owner of Park Physiotherapy and Lead Clinician.
I achieved Quality Assured Practitioner status from Physio First as one of the initial cohort of physiotherapists in 2017 and have maintained this status since then.
My special interest is in musculoskeletal problems and I have concentrated on developing this area of my practice over the last 20 years. In 2014 I completed a Masters degree in Advanced Musculoskeletal Research and Practice at UEA with my final dissertation on physiotherapy treatment of cervicogenic headaches. I also have a special interest in treating Migraine Headaches and Tinnitus using gentle cranial mobilisation techniques. In 2016 I completed training in Connect Therapy, https://ljlee.ca/ established by Linda Joy Lee, as a total body approach to the physiotherapy assessment and treatment of complex problems. Although I have now been qualified for many years, the continued challenge of treating patients constantly stimulates the need for more education which I am passionate about.Read More...
- Acute and chronic spinal pain and pelvic dysfunction
- Whiplash Injury
- Cervicogenic Headaches and Migraines including Tinnitus
- Acute and chronic overuse Sports Injuries especially achilles tendon problems
- Head and face pain
- Using Acupuncture to supplement traditional Physiotherapy Skills
- Occupational Health / Work Station set-up
I am a specialist physiotherapist in pregnancy and pelvic health. I have many years of experience working with pregnant women with lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain and hip pain. Also helping women after birth with recovery of their pelvic floor muscles and abdominal muscles. I am a specialist in all areas of pelvic health physiotherapy, which includes: bladder and bowel incontinence in women and men; pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain conditions.
It is so important to see a specialist physiotherapist who is highly skilled and knowledgeable about the problem you are experiencing. I would be very happy to provide this service to you. I will provide a thorough assessment and design a treatment programme that is tailored to your individual needs. Should you require input from any other healthcare professionals, I will advise and help to facilitate this.
Working from Park Physiotherapy gives me the opportunity to see patients quickly and the time to help you with your problem.
- Pregnancy related low back and pelvic girdle pain
- Preparing for birth
- Recovery after having a baby
- Bladder and bowel incontinence in men and women
- Incontinence following prostate surgery
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain- including bladder pain, vulvodynia, pain during sexual intercourse
My greatest interest, passion and specialism is in sports injuries, and from 2011 I worked in a specialist sports medicine clinic in Kensington, before moving to Park Physiotherapy in 2014. I am experienced with managing elite athletes but most typically, the amateur ‘weekend warrior’ whom are often sitting at a desk all week and juggling family life; who then want to complete an ironman at the weekend! Not only do I enjoy the initial acute injury management but also helping my clients with future injury prevention, often incorporating strength and conditioning and guidance on their sports specific training programmes. As a mother of 2 young children I enjoy the challenge of helping women with pregnancy related problems especially those wanting to return to fitness and sport. I have a specialist interest in knee and shoulder injuries.Read More...
- Sports injuries including running, triathlon, horse riding and ski injuries
- Knee and shoulder injuries
- ACL rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation following trauma, fracture and orthopaedic surgery
- Pilates and functional exercise rehabilitation for low back pain
- Pregnancy related musculoskeletal problems
Nicola feels a physiotherapist is like a detective. The body is wonderful, complicated and finely tuned. A physiotherapist must take a holistic approach to each individual. They must question and examine the patient thoroughly and then having all the clues in place come to a conclusion resulting in the best possible plan of treatment.
Nicola enjoys all aspect of physiotherapy but has a keen interest in acute sports injuries especially foot and knee injuries. She encourages her patients to use video imagery in clinic to help them understand good and bad postural habits and to have a record and clearer understanding of the exercises taught. She also uses taping techniques to offload injured areas as well using it to help reinforce correct postural positioning of the body both during activity or at rest.
- Sports injuries
- Whiplash injury
- Rehabilitation following injury or surgery
- Spinal Injury
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Spinal pain – low back and neck pain
- Shoulder pain and injury
- Musculo-skeletal problems
- Workstation and Ergonomic assessments
- Return to Work Assessment/reports
- Vehicle Ergonomic Assessments
- Occupational Assessments
Areas of interest
- Neurology Rehabilitation
- Head Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Management of Long-term Neurological Conditions
- Postural Management
- Older People’s Medicine