Gemma graduated from King’s College, London in 2004 and has worked in the NHS at various locations in the South-East of England. Gemma has a special interest in Women’s and Men’s Health, which includes; musculoskeletal problems during pregnancy and after childbirth, bladder and bowel incontinence and pelvic pain disorders. She has worked at a specialist level within Women’s and Men’s health and in the last three years has been a Specialist Physiotherapist in a “Pelvic Floor” unit at St. Thomas’ Hospital in London. She currently works two days a week as a Women’s Health Physiotherapist at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Gemma has completed a Postgraduate Certificate in Continence Physiotherapy and is continuing to study for a full Masters degree at the University of East Anglia.
A keen runner, horse rider and skier, Gemma also feels able relate to the demands of these sport and the injuries that may occur as a consequence.
- Pelvic Girdle Pain and Low Back Pain in pregnancy
- Rectus Abdominus Divarication after pregnancy
- Musculo-skeletal complaints during the child-bearing years
- Pelvic Floor and abdominal muscle weakness after child-birth
- Bladder and bowel incontinence in men and women